Images by:

Images by: http://www.freedigitalphotos.net

Wednesday 16 January 2013

5 Tips On How To Live With Passion

I wanted to share a story with you because I'm hoping it will really inspire you to seize life with everything. And I'm going to share this which is really personal to me. 

When I was 13 years old, I took out a horse I barely knew for a ride and I was a pretty experienced horse rider. However, the owners did not really tell me much about this horse. I decided to give the horse a free rein to amble back to the stables after a pretty happy adventure together. Well, what happened next changed my life forever. He grabbed that bit between his teeth and ran. I was so shocked and unprepared that I hung on for dear life but tragedy struck. I can't remember exactly what happened but I fell off that horse head first. Sadly my chinstrap came loose and I hit the concrete with full force. Then I got dragged. I remember the trolley I was rushed in to hospital on with the lights overhead rushing past me. Then the trickle of something coming out of my ear. A nurse pulled out my hand and it was gross. She poured something on it and steam came right off it. I passed out with the pain. I had a fractured skull, concussion, a perforated eardrum and the palm of my hand was ripped out. I felt alive and dead at the same time. It was terrifying. The good news was I recovered and got straight back on a horse as soon as I could. Three months later, my grandfather who I worshipped, died suddenly of a heart attack. I was devastated and became aware of my own mortality quite young. 

The reason I'm telling you this is because I learnt 5 valuable tips about life which I want to share with you. 
  1. 1. Every single day of your life is precious. Now I don't mean that you should run out in the street and tear your clothes off. Or abandon your job and home. I mean realise that every day is precious and important. The past has gone, the future is not here yet and the present is all we have right now. Even if you hate your job, find something in your day to be happy about especially the new jobs you'll apply for or the new business that will change your life.
  2. This leads on nicely. It's important that you realise there are 3 states in life: awful, okay and wonderful. The traffic light theory. Are you on red, amber or green? It's really important that you are not on amber. It means that life is okay. It's not okay. You deserve to have a wonderful life and an awful life is more inspiring than an amber life. Believe me. Be on green or strive for green. This is your life and you deserve to be happy. Think about it. Would you buy something that is okay or wonderful? Well, what is your life worth?
  3. Be careful of dream stealers. When you have a dream or you are working towards something, be careful who you tell. If you have the stomach to hear what they are going to say, then go ahead. But you need to build some emotional muscle first. Dreams stealers don't always mean to throw water on your fire. They just don't have the same beliefs about their dreams. They are on amber and green is just too scary right now. Share your dream and move on. Or make your dream come true and who knows, they just may be inspired to be a dreamer instead.
  4. Choose your words carefully. I read about this in a millionaire secret manual and this doesn't just apply to making money. Try to remain positive at all times about yourself, others and what you are doing. It will annoy the "ain't it awful" club but negative talk is really damaging to the self. The subconscious doesn't know you are being negative or mean about someone else. It thinks you are talking about you!!! It's true. Next time you say something mean about someone else, stop and see how you feel. It's not that great after the initial "yeah I hate her too." Say good things about others and you will feel that "yeah life is good" feeling. Just stop for a moment and feel it.
  5. Finally, do not hesitate to try new things, take some risks and believe in your dreams. I'm not going to lie to you, it'll be a bumpy ride sometimes but at least it's not okay. Snore. You may not want the big mansion on the hill or the multi-million pound/dollar business. Being on green isn't always about that. It's about waking up in the morning knowing you are living the life you want, doing the work that satisfies you, having loving people around you and knowing whatever goes wrong you can handle it. 

2 comments: