Images by:

Images by: http://www.freedigitalphotos.net

Sunday 14 October 2012

Be Inspired By Just Stepping Out The Door.



I just wanted to share a really simple experience I had the other day. I was just about to rush out of the house in to a busy day. I didn't remember much before I left the house because I was doing what I usually do in the morning. Having a wash, brushing my hair, cleaning my teeth. You know the score. It had been raining really hard nearly all year. Well, I do live in the UK. What can I say? I opened the front door still not aware of my surroundings and stepped out on to the wet path and something caught my eye. I look down and it was a toad. I live in a busy town with concrete everywhere and no water that close to me. There he was staring straight back at me. And I stopped and became aware. He was a beautiful, olive green with black markings and the deepest black eyes. I jumped at first and he backed in to a corner. I knelt down and looked at him. He looked back. And I felt connected and happy. He was beautiful. The rest of the day was spent taking notice of everything. The colours in the trees, the rain pattering on my windscreen and then as I pulled up to my destination, the most beautiful, arching rainbow I had seen in a long time. It was stunning and I felt happy. What I learned that day is we need to slow down and take notice of the world we live in. It costs absolutely nothing at all. We just need to pay attention. 

Happiness is priceless and all around us. Just connect. It's our senses that feed that I'm alive feeling. If you can tomorrow, if you leave the house, just take note of everything around using your senses. Sight, smell, sound, touch and taste. Ever caught a snowflake on your tongue? I have. 


Enjoy the video.


No comments:

Post a Comment